In a regular series of interviews, we speak to autonomous vehicle industry recruiters to find out what they're looking for in candidates, how their recruitment process typically works and what advice they’d give to those pursuing a career in autonomous and connected vehicles.
In our latest Q&A, we catch up with Bill Li, Human Resources Director at LiDAR provider RoboSense.
1. Can you tell us a bit about RoboSense and the roles you typically recruit for?
2. What types of candidate should apply to RoboSense?
3. How does the recruiting process usually work at RoboSense?
4. What experience or expertise do you value most in applicants?
He/she has successful product landing experience, and demonstrates active thinking in product design, quality, performance, cost, etc. He/she is absolutely competitive in the market. At the same time, the candidate’s rich experience in smart LiDAR products and solutions is what we value the most.
5. How much competition is there for the best candidates?
6. What mistakes do candidates typically make during the application/interview process?
The typical mistakes comprise a lack of understanding of the industry and their career motivations and plans, exaggerating their abilities and past performance, etc.
7. What skills do you think will be most important for candidates as the autonomous and connected vehicles sector develops?
In addition to their professional knowledge and skills in the field of autonomous driving, we also value candidates' self-management ability and a spirit of pursuing excellence.
8. How many roles do you expect to recruit for over the next twelve months?
We plan to recruit about 15-20 positions, mainly in the fields of optics, hardware, technical support, LiDAR solutions, AI perception algorithms, and business development.
9. What one piece of advice would you give to someone seeking to build a career in autonomous and connected vehicles?
10. Finally, what would attract someone to develop their career at RoboSense?